Call for Presentation Proposals – Proposals accepted through April 15, 2019
We are now accepting proposals for the 2019 Ohio Association of Two-Year Colleges (OATYC) conference, which is scheduled at Marion Technical College in Marion, Ohio, on Friday, October 11, 2019. The theme is “Ohio’s Voice: Becoming the Next Higher Ed Stars.”
We are looking for presentation proposals that will elevate our programs to become the talk of the town. We want to rise to the top and have our colleges and students in the limelight. To become Ohio’s Voice, we will need some help to transform ourselves.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- “We’ll need the look” – designing instructional materials to engage students and developing a visual identity especially on social media;
- “We’ll need the voice” – having effective communication in the classroom & in general, having open communication channels, & writing for social media;
- “We’ll need an entourage” – surrounding yourself with the right team & support staff, developing strong relationships with the community, alumni & donors, & getting involved with causes/fundraising/awareness projects;
- “We’ll need to embrace the paparazzi” – dealing with bad press/mistakes or crisis management, providing great customer service online through social media, and being camera-ready by designing & maintaining a clean, green campus.
All presentations will be 30 minutes at the 2019 OAYTC conference. There will be an opportunity for poster session that is informal and set up in the common area too.
Each room will have the following technology available: computers with projectors or TVs (standard in all rooms), Internet access & CD/DVD players. Some equipment has limited availability such as document cameras in selected rooms.
Presentation Proposal Guidelines:
- Name, institution, address, phone number, name of presenter(s), and email address of presenter(s)
- Presentation title and one-sentence description of the presentation
- 100-word proposal that clearly connects the presentation to the conference theme
- Mode of presentation: PowerPoint, small group, panel workshop, demonstration, hands-on, poster session, etc.
- Requested technology if different from above
- 50-word presenter bio(s)
- Additional requests
- Submit to OATYC2019@mtc.edu by April 15, 2019. Questions contact Luann Wilkinson (email@example.com).
Each presenter must register at the full registration rate: $80 before September 28, 2019, and $85 thereafter.