The applicant will submit to the Committee Chair a typed proposal, 3 pages maximum (12 pt. font, typed, double-spaced), that includes the following sections:
- The purpose of the proposal [Define the goal for the project, intended participants,
levels of classes, etc.]
- Statement of the problem to be addressed by the project, i.e. a rationale
Implementation plan: [Include timetable, teaching methods, materials to be used,
assessment tools, budget details, etc.]
The contents presented in the project proposal will be evaluated based on the following criterion:
- Innovation 10 points
- Feasibility of the implementation plan 10 points
- Merit/Value to student learning 30 points
- Quality (including evaluation) 10 points
- Complete proposal should be submitted to OATYC on or before May 31, 2017.
- Evaluation committee decision will be approved by the OATYC Board at the spring meeting.
- Upon acceptance of grant proposal 75% of the grant money will be paid in August.
- Project work should begin during the fall term of that year.
- Winner will be announced and introduced at the annual October OATYC Conference
- Final project report will be presented during the awards ceremony at the conference the following year.
- Upon the presentation, the remaining 25% of the grant will be paid to the recipient.
- Grant monies are considered as honorarium or as acknowledgement of extra time commitment by grant recipient. However, the grant is not intended for individual research or conference attendance.